What Should You Consider Before Buying Nuts?
There are several factors to consider while buying nuts to ensure that the nuts you buy are of high quality, healthy, and nutritious.
1. Mode of storage: You should consider how the nuts are stored because nuts contain oil that can go rancid if exposed directly to heat and moisture. The nuts should be stored in an airtight container.
2. Freshness: Make sure you check the nuts keenly to try and identify any unusual features like darkening in color or becoming shriveled up and moldy. If you notice any, they are no longer good for consumption.
3. Quality: When buying nuts, make sure you take a keen look and avoid ones with splits, cracks, and holes.
4. Price: When buying nuts, you should consider your budget and take your time to compare the prices because different nuts have different prices that vary with the type and quality of the nuts.
5. Type of nuts: There is a wide variety of nuts, each of which has different nutrients and tastes, so it is important to get the correct nuts that are suitable for you.”
What Are The Recommended Storage Tips For Nuts, Seeds, And Beans?
Proper storage for your nuts, seeds, and beans is of the essence if you want to maintain their quality, freshness, and flavor. For nuts, it is recommended that you store them in an airtight container, and place them either in a cupboard or pantry. You should desist from storing nuts in direct sunlight or near heat sources as this could make them to become rancid. If you wish to store nuts for a prolonged period of time, it is advisable that you store them in a refrigerator.
Seeds, just like nuts, should also be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark, and dry place. Consequently, seeds are sensitive to moisture and therefore you should endeavor to store them far away from sources of moisture such as a sink or dishwasher. Lastly, if your goal is to store seeds for a long period of time, you are better off storing them in a refrigerator. This not only prolongs their shelf life but also prevents spoilage.
Dried beans should also be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard or pantry, keep them away from direct sunlight as this could cause them to sprout, and lastly, if you want to prolong their shelf life, you can store them in a refrigerator.
What Are The Different Types Of Organic Nuts?
Organic nuts are of different types, unique tastes, and with a variety of benefits and you can choose from one of the following based on your preferences and tastes.
· Cashews which are a good source of protein, healthy fats, as well as minerals such as magnesium and copper.
· Almonds which are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
· Hazelnuts are a great source of fiber, healthy fats, and important minerals such as magnesium and vitamin E.
· Walnuts which are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
· Brazil nuts which are a great source of selenium. Selenium plays an integral role in thyroid health and immune function.
The different types of organic nuts we’ve mentioned above are just a few examples. There are indeed many different types available in the market.