What Are The Benefits Of Organic Avocado Oil?
Organic avocado oil is a nutritious oil that is extracted from the flesh of avocado fruit. Here are the benefits of using organic avocado oil.
1. Heart health: Organic avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated fats that have the effect of reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol levels hence improving overall heart health.
2. Nutrient absorption: Believe it or not, organic avocado oil can help the body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E, and K, from other foods.
3. Hair health: Organic avocado oil serves to moisturize the scalp and prevent hair breakage hence improving hair health.
4. Skin health: Organic avocado oil is rich in vitamin E which is essential for maintaining healthy skin.
5. Anti-inflammatory: Organic avocado oil contains anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants that are instrumental in reducing inflammation in the body.
Organic avocado oil is not only nutritious but also versatile and as such a healthy addition to a balanced diet and skincare routine.
What nutrients are in an avocado?
Also known as the alligator pear, avocado is not only delicious and nutritious but also boasts many important nutrients and fats. Here are some nutrients that you stand to enjoy the next time you eat an avocado:
Fats: Avocados are rich in fats and have a high amount of energy compared to other fruits. A case in point is that a whole avocado can provide approximately 30 grams of fat. For this very reason, anyone watching their calorie or fat intake should consider eating avocados in moderation.
Carbohydrates: Avocado contains carbohydrates, which come from fiber.
Vitamins and minerals: A whole avocado is rich in vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin K, and vitamin C. Consequently, avocados also contain acids such as riboflavin, pantothenic, and niacin as well as minerals such as magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Protein: Avocados contain small amounts of protein. To put it into context, half an avocado has approximately about 2 grams of protein.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Eating Avocados?
Avocado is a highly nutritious, delicious, and versatile fruit that is a common staple in many homes across the globe. Eating avocados has several health benefits as highlighted below.
· Avocados are an excellent source of nutrients many of which are lacking in most modern diets. When eating avocados, you are essentially getting the benefit of the following nutrients: protein, carbs, calories, fats, fiber, riboflavin, niacin, folate, manganese, potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, copper, etc.
· Avocados have a high concentration of fiber which are instrumental in improving your gut health.
· Eating avocados on a regular basis is beneficial in the sense that it may help you reduce the risk of heart disease. Avocado is nutrient dense and all the vitamins, fiber, healthy fats, and minerals that are contained in avocados play an integral role in improving cardiovascular health.
· Avocado contains healthy fats that help increase satiety and reduce food cravings hence quite good in weight management. Healthy fats also play an important role in skin health as they serve to keep the skin hydrated and supple.
Other important health benefits of avocado are that it promotes eye health, and heart health, and is also a rich source of anti-inflammatory compounds.