What are the benefits of organic vegetables?
The popularity of organic vegetables has been on the rise as more and more people become conscious of the food they consume and its impact on their overall health and environment. People are slowly becoming mindful of what they eat and organic foods are now the craze. It’s all about sustainable eating.
Organic vegetables are grown organically. When we talk about organic farming, we are essentially talking about a method of growing food without the use of conventional fertilizers, pesticides, or the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). Essentially, Organic Farming can be effectively defined as a holistic approach to farming that generally uses natural processes to promote growth and biodiversity. With that said, what are the benefits of organic farming?
1. Higher Nutrient Content: Various studies have found that organic vegetables contain a higher level of nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals compared to conventional vegetables.
2. Reduced exposure to harmful chemicals: Organic vegetables are grown naturally without the use of pesticides or other harmful chemicals. They are generally safer than traditional vegetables as you will be exposed to fewer chemicals. In that regard, they are extremely beneficial to children and pregnant women who are in essence more vulnerable to the effects of pesticides.
3. Better and safe for the environment: Owing to the fact that vegetables grown organically do not use harmful substances, the amount of toxic substances that end up in the soil or the environment is drastically reduced. There is less soil erosion, pollution, and the promotion of biodiversity.
4. Improved taste: Those who have switched to organic vegetables report that they taste better than conventional vegetables. You get them straight from the farm and can’t be compared to conventional vegetables that travel long distances to reach you.
5. No Genetically Modified organisms (GMOs): Organic vegetables are grown through a natural process and don’t allow the use of GMOs whose long-term effects are yet to be fully understood.
If you want to improve your diet and reduce your exposure to chemicals, you can never go wrong with organic vegetables. At Organic Village, we sell all kinds of organic vegetables including but not limited to: organic tomatoes, organic ginger, organic cabbages, organic green oak lettuce, and organic Mini Cos, to mention a few. Make the switch today! To eat healthily, eat organic!
What are 5 benefits of organic food?
Organic food refers to food that has been grown using natural methods and processes. In essence, rather than using pesticides or genetically enhanced crops, farmers strictly produce natural products in the natural environment. There is no use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or any form of assisted farming. With that said, what are the benefits of organic food? Why should you become conscious or mindful of what you eat? Why should you go organic?
1. Avoid health risks associated with exposure to pesticides
Organic farmers strongly believe that altered farming practices pose a great threat to the health of individuals. They, therefore, abhor farming through the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers which if consumed for an extended period of time, are detrimental not only to human health but also to the environment.
2. Organic foods have a high concentration of nutrients
Compared to conventionally grown food, organic foods have a high concentration of nutrients instrumental in enhancing your overall health. You can never go wrong with organic vegetables, and fruits which are known to have a higher concentration of vitamin C and other essential antioxidants.
3. Animal Welfare
Organic farming is all about the use of natural methods. It is therefore against the use of antibiotics or growth hormones, which have since time immemorial been used in animal farming. The result is that animals raised for the purposes of organic dairy, meat, or eggs are generally treated in a humane way.
4. Safe and better for the environment
Organic farming practices are geared towards the conservation of the environment. They abhor the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides which affect the quality of the soil and wash up in streams and rivers hence leading to water pollution. Since organic foods are grown using natural methods, they are not only safe but also better for the environment.
5. Keeps small farms in business
By going organic and buying only organic foods sourced from local farmers, you get to support local farmers economically and do your bit in the promotion of sustainable practices. Examples of organic foods you can buy today include organic carrots, organic tomatoes, organic pineapples, organic cabbages, and organic lean meats, to mention a few.
What is the difference between organic and regular vegetables?
Organic vegetables as the name imply, are vegetables that are generally grown using natural farming methods. In other words, organic vegetables are grown without the use of fertilizers, synthetic pesticides, or the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs). They are deemed not only healthier but also the fact that they use sustainable farming practices have a positive impact on the environment.
Regular vegetables are those grown using assisted farming methods. Simply put, they are grown using fertilizers, synthetic pesticides, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Organic vegetables have a high nutritional content, taste better, and are healthier for the environment.