What Is In Organic Chili Powder?
Organic chili powder is typically made using organic ingredients. These ingredients have been farmed organically. When we talk about organic farming, we are talking about a farming system that uses natural methods without employing the use of genetically modified organisms or synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Oregano, ground chili peppers (e.g. ancho or cayenne), cumin, or garlic are what is contained in organic chili powder. It is important to note that the exact ingredients contained in organic chili powder vary from one manufacturer to another. As such, if you are interested in certain specific ingredients, please read carefully the ingredient list before purchasing.
What does chili powder do to your body?
Chili powder is a spice made from ground chili peppers. It can be used as a condiment. Consuming chili powder can have several effects on your body such as.
Prevent anemia: Chili powder has copper and iron which assist in red blood cell formation. A lack of iron can lead to anemia.
Helps in digestion: Chili powder contains fiber which stimulates the secretion of gastric juice which helps in digestion and reduces the risk of conditions such as constipation.
Help maintain healthy blood pressure: Chili powder is rich in potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and relax the blood vessels.
Rich in antioxidants: Chili powder contains vitamin C, a great antioxidant that eliminates free radicals in the body that damage cells and cause infections.
How Are Chilies Used In Cooking?
As a rule, chilies are used in cooking as a flavoring agent with the goal of adding heat and depth to a wide variety of dishes. Common uses of chilies in cooking include.
· They can be added to soups and stews to add heat and depth of the flavor.
· Chilies can also be ground into powder and used in spice rubs or marinades for poultry, seafood, or meat.
· They can be pickled and added to sandwiches or salads for that amazing spicy crunch.
· Chilies can also be added to pasta dishes and pizza to add a spicy kick.
· They are commonly used in curries and Asian stir-fries for the purposes of adding heat and flavor.