Is Baby Corn Good For Weight Loss?
Baby corn, as the name suggests, is corn that is harvested early before maturity when the stalks are still fresh and small. It is corn that is harvested before maturity and essentially eaten whole. If you’ve been struggling with maintaining a healthy weight, baby corn is good for weight loss. The reason behind this is that baby corn is low in calories and high in fiber and therefore perfect to include in a weight loss diet. Baby corn is a low-calorie food instrumental for individuals trying to lose weight.
As a good source of dietary fiber, baby corn is good in making those trying to lose weight feel fuller hence reducing their food cravings. It’s also a good source of vitamins and minerals which are important for overall health. We must stress the fact that baby corn should be eaten as part of a healthy and well-balanced diet. In addition to that, regular exercise is also key in your weight loss journey.
What Is The Difference Between Corn And Baby Corn?
The main difference between corn and baby corn is in texture, size, and taste. Baby corn is actually an immature corn that is harvested way before the hard cob matures. Because of this, you can eat baby corn whole. On the other hand, full-grown corn, also known as maize, is cereal corn that is harvested for its edible kernel.
The other difference between the two is in their culinary uses. In essence, baby corn is a common ingredient in Asian cuisine. It’s particularly used in stir-fries, as a garnish, and in salads. Regular corn, unlike baby corn, is often used as a side dish, as an ingredient in many other dishes, in soups, salads, as well as stews. Corn is harvested when mature while baby corn is harvested at an immature stage.
What Are The Benefits Of Consuming Corn And Baby Corn?
Whether you prefer baby corn or corn, one thing is clear: both are nutritious and healthy foods with a variety of benefits. Some of the benefits of consuming corn and baby corn include.
· They are both rich in nutrients. When you consume corn and baby corn your body will be getting the following nutrients – vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are instrumental for overall health.
· They are both low in fat which makes them a healthy choice for individuals that are trying their level best to maintain a healthy weight.
· Both corn and baby corn are high in fiber which reduces the risk of constipation and other digestive related issues.
· They are both rich in vitamin C which is an important nutrient known for supporting immune function.
· The antioxidants found in both corn and baby corn may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.