What Should You Consider Before Buying Nuts?
There are several factors to consider while buying nuts to ensure that the nuts you buy are of high quality, healthy, and nutritious.
1. Mode of storage: You should consider how the nuts are stored because nuts contain oil that can go rancid if exposed directly to heat and moisture. The nuts should be stored in an airtight container.
2. Freshness: Make sure you check the nuts keenly to try and identify any unusual features like darkening in color or becoming shriveled up and moldy. If you notice any, they are no longer good for consumption.
3. Quality: When buying nuts, make sure you take a keen look and avoid ones with splits, cracks, and holes.
4. Price: When buying nuts, you should consider your budget and take your time to compare the prices because different nuts have different prices that vary with the type and quality of the nuts.
5. Type of nuts: There is a wide variety of nuts, each of which has different nutrients and tastes, so it is important to get the correct nuts that are suitable for you.
How Do I Know If My Nuts Are Organic?
All nuts are graded as either organic or non-organic. The difference between the two is in how they are grown and processed. If you are out there looking for organic nuts, here is how you can tell that your nuts are organic. For one, you need to check the label and ensure that the nuts you are about to buy have been certified organic by the Organic Agriculture Certification Thailand (ACT). This in essence means that the nuts in question have met specific organic certification requirements. While organic certification requirements vary from region to region, the general requirements for nuts to be classified as organic are:
· No synthetic fertilizers or herbicides might have been used during its production
· The nuts must have been grown without the use of genetic engineering.
· The land used for growing the nuts must have been certified as organic.
What types of nuts are high in proteins?
Almond nuts: Almonds are high in protein. They serve 7 grams of protein in 35 grams.
Walnuts: Walnuts are a good source of protein. Chopped Walnuts serve 4.5 Grams of protein.
Pistachios nuts: Pistachios nuts are high in proteins similar to eggs, they serve 6 grams of protein in 30 grams.
Cashew nuts: Cashew nuts are rich in protein and they serve 5 grams of protein in 28 grams.
Brazil nuts: Brazilian nuts are also a good source of protein. They serve 4.75 grams per 33 grams.
Peanuts: Peanuts are high in proteins, serving 7 grams of protein per 28 grams.
Hazelnuts: Hazelnuts contain 5 grams of protein per 34 grams. Hazel nuts have a good amount of protein.
Are all grains considered gluten-free?
No, not all grains are considered to be gluten-free. Gluten is a type of protein found in wheat, barley, wheat berries, and rye. Gluten is made up of two main proteins: glutenin and gliadin. Gluten is a property that allows the bread to rise. Natural gluten-free grains include sorghum, quinoa, oats, buckwheat, amaranth, corn, brown rice, and millet. However, it is good to note that oats are naturally gluten-free but during processing, the gluten can be contaminated. While shopping, it is good to ensure you buy certified gluten-free oats, especially for people with gluten allergies or sensitivity. Also, people with gluten sensitivity should always ensure they read the labels carefully to ensure they get gluten-free products and avoid ending up with gluten products or consuming them.